Low Cost Spay/Neuter
Please be a responsible pet owner and prevent your pet from helping to create unwanted animals. Every day many wonderful pets die due to pet over population. You can be part of the solution!
WHY is it so important to spay/neuter your pet?
- Reduces pet over-population which helps reduce euthanasia rates in our county!
- Reduces potential of different types of cancer in your pet (prostrate cancer, uterine cancer, and more)
- Reduces the desire to roam and reproduce
- Reduces urges to mark/spray territories
The Humane Society of Iredell is very pleased to offer a Low-Cost Spay/Neuter program to members of the public, through the SNIP low cost clinic-now located in Mooresville!
Scheduling an appointment:
Stop by the HSI Adoption Center to schedule your pet’s appointment. Our Adoption Center is located at 110 Robinson Road in Mooresville, on the corner of 150 and Robinson Road (near Big Daddy’s).
Our Adoption Center is staffed by Humane Society of Iredell volunteers.
- Building hours are generally 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note: Some hours may vary slightly due to volunteer availability.
- Adoption Fairs are held on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Saturday of each month. Hours are 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on those Saturdays only.
- Adoptable dogs will be located at our Adoption Center on 150 and Robinson Road in Mooresville
- Adoptable cats will be located at Petsmart of Mooresville from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
If you need to sign up after hours, you may do so by using our After-Hours Spay/Neuter sign up box. Look for the metal box attached to the front of our building near our front doors. Instructions are listed on the box and inside the box. Prices and schedule of dates is posted in the window next to the front door. You will need to fill out the forms, sign the forms, and enclose your check or cash to secure your reservation. Once you have done so, place all items in envelope provided and slide sealed envelope under garage door to the right of the sign up box.
NOTE: if you can not provide proof of Rabies vaccine with your Rabies certificate, a Rabies vaccine will be given and you will be responsible for the $8 fee. Rabies vaccines are mandatory NC State Law.
IREDELL COUNTY RESIDENTS ON INCOME ASSISTANCE:
Iredell County residents on income assistance may qualify for a very low rate for spaying and neutering through Iredell County Animal Control. If an Iredell County resident qualifies for public assistance programs including WIC, Food Stamps, or Medicaid, they should contact Iredell County Animal Control at 243 Twin Oaks Road in Statesville for more details. Their phone number is: 704-878-5424.
Cost of Services
Our low cost spay/neuter service includes intra-operative pain medication. It is recommended that your pet be vaccinated at least 14 days prior to surgery. If this is not possible, vaccines may be given at the time of surgery. All animals age 3 months or older must be vaccinated for rabies, either at your vet or at time of surgery.