How to adopt a pet from the Humane Society of Iredell:
1. Fill out adoption applications completely (incomplete applications can not be processed). If you’re adopting a cat, please out the cat adoption request form. If you’re adopting a dog, fill out the standard adoption form (new window).
2. Submit application at the Adoption Center, send by fax (see numbers on application), attach to an email, or bring to scheduled Adoption Fair. if sent by email, we may verify your signature.
3. Once application is received, a volunteer case worker will review in full. If your application has been approved you will be contacted to meet the pet you have expressed interest in.
4. A home visit may be required prior to application approval.
When you adopt a pet from the Humane Society of Iredell, your pet will be:
- Up to date on vaccines
- Tested for Heartworms (dogs over 6 months)
- Tested for FeLV/FIV (cats)
- Current on flea and Heartworm prevention.